The Residence Programme is intended for foreign writers, offering them the opportunity to stay 4-8 weeks in Buenos Aires as part of their professional and artistic development. Each year two calls will be made during the months of April-May and September-October. REM stands as a forum for dialogue and literary creation., geographic and political issues, not only through the work and presence of prestigious writers and specialists residing in the country, but also through annual activities and events that count on the Residence Programme as their main management and promotion agent.
Requirements and Selection
● Authors willing to apply must have at least two published books (novel, short story, poetry, children's literature, literary non-fiction).
● Academic papers and self-published works will not be considered.
● If not Spanish speaker, it is desirable (but not an exclusive condition) that the author has works translated into Spanish.
● The writer in residence is committed to dedicate his time in Buenos Aires to work on a manuscript. He/she must present a motivation letter and advance a concise and concrete plan to carry out during the stay.
● An expert panel will select annually the participants in REM.
● Argentine writers residing in other countries are excluded from selection.